Tuesday 3 February 2009

TO BLOG OR NOT TO BLOG

That is the question? I haven't written for a while for a couple of reasons. 1) Am very busy either working or working out 2) Am feeling a teensy bit down in the dumps 3) Writing down the mundanity of my life might send me spiralling further down.
So when to blog? Should I really only blog when feeling happy? When something major occurs? Or should I man it up and get back into the habit? One to ponder in the bath I feel.
So what's been happening. Well today Alice finally managed to get her walk-over in gymnastics. Am so proud of her. She also has her routine for an upcoming competition. I know not when but I do know its in Largs - so it'll be a the National Sports Centre in Inverclyde again -cool!
Amy & Cailtin's teacher wrote in their homework books how good their reading is and apparently Caitlin is outstanding at her Scottish poetry. Fingers crossed for the Burns Competition.
Had a really hilarious moment tonight Jane's Addiction was on in the bathroom and Amy started dancing like a crazy. It really does not bode well for her future life of crime. She gets a kick out of dancing naked to Been Caught Stealing. Caitlin in the other hand would giggle at a wheel turning. I cannot work this child out. Her emotions are so extreme; she either cries her heart out or giggles uncontrollably.
I am about to embark on teh last of the Shopaholic series of books. I feel quite sad. Once I finish it'll be like moving away or leaving school/job. All the people you've become familiar with will be gone. Am having a bit of a chick lit phase at the mo. Read The Kite Runner last week and that's as deep as its been getting. Just not in the mood. Need some frippery.
I think I am adjusting badly to life as a single parent. The shoutiness hasn't abated and I'm getting panicky about emotionally scarring my children for life. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll repress the memories of grumpy mummy in favour of mummy who takes them nice places and cooks nice food and reads lots of stories. I can but dream.
Anyway, wish the southern softies would stop going on about the snow. We in the Arctic Circle regularly get bouts of deep snow but the country does not come to a standstill. We get out a shovel, some warm clothes and get on with our lives - London take note. It is really pissing me off how cold weather in February in the UK (big fecking surprise) gets more news coverage than the Cholera epidemic killing thousands of people in Southern Africa. AND!!!!! in Breakfast News they commented quite cheerfully not to worry its heading up to the North and Scotland now - well phew what a sigh of relief. AT LEAST WE CAN HANDLE IT YOU SASSENACHS!!!!!
Rant over. Me, MC Beaton and Blondie are off for a bath.

3 comments:

Ian C said...

Have to agree we don't cope with snow anymore in England once its south of a line roughly drawn from York to Lancaster.

I'm not sure if its council spending, general public nesh ness or the fact that there are more cars on the roads these days to crash/ form crawling queues. I don't remember snow causing this much chaos when I was growing up (certainly I only remember school closing once cause the heating burst)and my parents always told me stories of them walking to school in the snow etc. Seems to me snow chaos and the resulting shutdown of Endland started in the late 80's.... and the further south you go the worse it gets. What really amused me was the snow causeing website crashes on travel sites, so now the snow kills the internet too!

Amanda said...

Ha ha that made me laugh. I heard on the news today that some councils have run out of grit WTF!!!!

brettcarr said...

Its the way ppl bitch on about how things should be better and we should have better infrastructure that gets me. Its blatantly obvious to me that investing extra money in infrastructure for events that happen once every 18 years is clearly an effort in futility, we just need to get on with stuff and accept that sometimes shit happens.
BTW Amanda, am really enjoying your blog so I would definitley vote for carrying on, my tip would be just do it when you feel like it, as long as its Semi regular thats fine. Thats the way I approach it anyway. Please don't give up entirely though.